Tuesday, October 20, 2009

When will he come???

I haven't really felt like this yet, but I WANT HIM OUT NOW!!!! I've been having the worst indigestion a person can imagine, thus the fact that I'm sitting in a recliner at 2:54 in the morning unable to sleep because I have this never-ending burning sensation in my throat. My stomach is HUGE and HARD and this is really starting to suck. Not that it hasn't sucked the whole time, but it's really getting bad now. I guess it could always be worse, but really. I'm ready......I guess I'm not really ready, though, because my doctor is out of town until Thursday, and I'd like for him to deliver my baby, so I guess I'll be ready on Thursday. I'd be okay, though, if he chose to come tomorrow.


In fact, I was able to actually throw a to-do list away today!!! This was a huge accomplishment, celebrated by a small pat on the back and a smile to myself that I did it! I completed everything on the list! That was short-lived, though, as I promptly started a new one, but this time with a vow that it won't get too long. Hmmm....we'll see what happens. I guess I could be working on that list right now instead of writing my thoughts, but this is much more therapeutic than working.


I got his lasso rope art today for the nursery and LOVE IT! I've been waiting for about 6-8 weeks on it. It's a lasso rope that spells out his name and we put it above his crib. Which reminds me, Have I told you his name yet? Well, if not, it's Robert Alan. Both names. He'll have a double name. Both are family names--Robert from David's side and Alan is my dad's middle name. It took us a LONG time to agree on the name....probably about 4 months...because I wanted a 1 syllable name with no family names (to stay away from the political ramifications, of course) and David was set on having a family name. But not his name. Isn't that weird? I've never heard of a man who didn't want to name his son after himself. I guess that's comforting, in a way, that he didn't want to name him after himself in that he's not so self-absorbed, etc., but still. Anyways, I finally agreed to settle on a 4-syllable double family name. Ha! Ironic, huh? Anyways, I really like it now, even if it is very formal and old-fashioned. I think it'll fit him perfectly once he's here. I'd just like to avoid the ever-possible nicknames like "Little Robert," "Little Bobby," "Little Anything." One of my first tasks will be to make sure he understands that he is not "little" anyone and it's okay to politely correct people when they call him that. David says that it will be better if Robert Alan corrects people than if I do it, so that's my goal. Robert Alan will be the corrector.


What else happened today?.....Well, my boss came to town. She just got back from maternity leave (she had the most beautiful baby girl twins EVER), and since I'll be leaving *hopefully* any day now, she needed to come see me and get things set up for when I'm gone. It was great to see her and I guess we got a lot accomplished. Although, the most important thing she needs from me is what I should be working on now, and probably will work on as soon as I decide to shut this post down...which I find myself prolonging just to avoid doing the work. Also, I framed some wedding pictures finally. We hung them and everything. We got married in June 2008, and I haven't had a framed wedding picture in our house since then. Isn't that crazy? Anyways, I finally got that done! Exciting for me and for David.


Okay, well, I guess that's all for now. I found out I get to keep my computer while I'm on maternity leave, so I'm happy that I won't have an issue posting pictures, etc. Stay tuned...David thinks I'm having the baby sometime this week!


David and me at the Dallas Cowboys' new stadium on regular season opening night. So fun!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment