Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Catch up

A quick catch up: This weekend was good. We had a baby shower on Saturday (Brittney kept saying that the baby was going to come on Saturday in typical Doby-Simons fashion screaming, "I'm here for the party!" but no such luck). I had a great time and enjoyed getting to see everyone. We had guests travel in from Austin, Abilene, and Ft. Worth. It was so nice of them to come.

Sunday was a lazy day for me. I wanted to get so much accomplished but didn't. That seems to be about an every-other-day kind of thing with me. Every day I have a long list of to-do's and every other day, half of them may get done.

Monday I did accomplish a lot. In fact, I think I finally completed my list that had been growing for a week or two. Now I have a new list.

Yesterday, oh yesterday. Well, I woke up at 4:15 a.m. and couldn't sleep, so I got up and did some work. I was feeling like crap and I couldn't tell if it was from contractions or the desire for contractions or from slipping twice on the Office Max floor because I was wearing boots that weren't scuffed up enough. That hurt and stretched things I'd rather not talk about. I didn't fall though. Heavy pregnant lady still has some balance! So, I was supposed to go to Temple yesterday to work with one of my co-workers, but because I felt like I may have my baby, I had to cancel. I decided to take it easy yesterday, again, due to my stomach hurting, so my sister came over and we caught up on two weeks' worth of Grey's Anatomy episodes. Her dogs (a rather sweet pit bull named Sterling and a clueless boxer named Roxy) also joined the party. They will not be invited inside again for a party. In fact, they lasted about 10 minutes inside before I discovered a huge amount of liquid in my kitchen floor and thought I smelled a distinct poopy odor coming from somewhere in my house. Promptly, all dogs (including my sweet Lexi who did nothing wrong) went outside. I didn't care if it was raining like crazy and I forgot to care if they cared. Anyways, I cleaned up the pee and lit some candles because I couldn't for the life of me figure out where the other smell was coming from. Well, I should have looked harder because good ol' Dave discovered it while he was on the phone (he walks in circles around the house when he's on the phone, thank goodness he looks down when he does it) in the corner of our dining room. NOT a pretty sight. He was, shall was say, just a tad purturbed (sp?). I felt so stupid that I hadn't been able to find it all day and I was grossed out that I'd sat in a house all day with that in there. GROSS!!!!!! Anyways, Sterling called and apologized, but I informed him that from now on, he is only allowed outside. I think he's okay with that because we have trees in our backyard, something that's missing in his, so he likes being out there when he comes to my house.

Anyways, today the cleaning lady is coming and I can't WAIT! Our house is filthy and I want it disinfected from top to bottom because of what happened yesterday. I'm going to work on completing laundry duty, wrap up some work stuff I've been trying to get finished, get the nurses' gifts together, load the car with those, maybe go buy a breast pump, help Britt pack for New York, and maybe something else if I can remember what it was. Tomorrow is my weekly doctor visit. I can't wait to see how I've progressed.....I hope the slip helped.
Another Jamaica wedding pic...just trying to figure out how to get these pics where I want them in my posts.
Pic of the nursery...I've added a couple shelves and have some more to-do, but it's functional.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment