Friday, October 9, 2009

Rainy Friday


So I already broke my goal of blogging every day. Sorry.

I'm here now, and I'm sitting in my house on my computer because it is the only battery-operated thing that will allow me to get something accomplished. You see, my power has been out since about 7:00 a.m., so I can't watch T.V. and catch up on the Grey's episode I missed last night because of Bunco, I can't do laundry (although I probably wouldn't do laundry if I could because I LOATH doing laundry), I can't EAT because then I'd have to open the refrigerator and that would let the cold air out and I can't do that because who knows how long this will last, not to mention the fact that I can't toast or microwave anything.....so, I've been working on getting some work things done, trying to get my territory set up for whoever fills in for me while I'm on leave. I don't know if I'll ever get to where I feel like everything is ready for me to leave. This will be hard, I think, especially coming back and having no idea what has transpired over the last 3 months. Oh well. I can't wait to hold my baby!!

Speaking of baby, I had my weekly Dr.'s appointment yesterday. I only dilated 1/2 cm. more, so now I'm just at a 1 with 3 weeks to go. Probably TMI. Anyways, he told us to be ready to go anytime, so today I will pack my bag and try to get David to put the carseat in the car, although, I probably won't push too hard for that to happen because he worked really hard yesterday for 5 hours AFTER he got home from a full day of work. He had to lay a ground line to our soon-to-be installed electric gate for the fence that we had put up last week. Poor guy. No rest for the weary. Hmm....

So, last weekend, my sister Brittney and I spent literally ALL day Sunday (from 8:00 a.m. to about 9:30 p.m., plus 4 hours in the grocery store on Saturday) cooking meals for the month. I had heard that I needed to freeze some meals before the baby came because I wouldn't feel like thinking about what's for dinner (not that I ever do feel like doing that, even when I'm not 9.5 months pregnant), so I found this website called Once a Month Mom where she posts everything from the menu on an excel sheet to extensive directions to a shopping list. It's pretty awesome, and the recipes looked SO GOOD. Oh yeah, it includes a couple breakfasts and lunches, so I was all in. Anyways, we slaved over the stoves and ovens ALL DAY, more than I care to remember, and came out with so much food that David was promptly sent to the store to get us a deep freeze. Ha! Trying to save money costs money. Anyways, the day went really well, except for the fact that at around (extreme sidenote: my power just came back on!!!) 2:00 I became overwhelmingly tired and needed to rest and couldn't stand up for the rest of the day. Okay, well, I could stand up, but not for more than about 5 minutes at a time. So that threw a kink into it because poor Britt was left to fend for herself and it really is a 2-3 person job. I did everything I could at the kitchen table, though, like mixing stuff, prepping stuff to go into the freezer etc. Anyways, all that said to say that I was getting super nervous that all that food was about to go to waste because of the power having been out for 4 hours, but now it's a moot point. Sorry.

Last night I filled in as a sub for Bunco at my mother-in-law's house. I l0ve Bunco. Fun game. They have a bunco party every month at a different person's house. Those ladies are crazy and fun. I actually came away with a prize of a candle and some Halloween socks that I'll definitely put in my hospital bag. Overall it was a good night, except for the teeny tiny bit of guilt I felt for being at a bunco party while David was slaving away digging trenches and fixing all the electrical issues in the garage. But that sort of passed when I rationalized it with the fact that I'm 30 pounds heavier due to the fact that I've been carrying his baby for 9.5 months and he's been able to continue to play golf every weekend and drink wine or whatever else he feels like drinking while I have gone so far as to only have two Dr. Pepper's this whole time!

Today I have a pedicure and manicure appointment at 4:00 with my friend Leah (I have this nagging feeling that I'm going to forget to go), and I'm also supposed to be meeting my MIL to print out some wedding pics to hang in our house. We've been married for over 16 months now, and I haven't hung a single wedding picture up. They're beautiful....I just haven't taken the time to go through all of them and try to figure out which ones are the best, not to mention how many frames I'll have to buy. But David really wants some up, and what he wants, he usually gets. Me too. I usually get what I want too, so it's all fair. I also know that if I don't get these done now, all we'll have up are baby pictures.

Okay, enough for now. I'm off to get my day started with my peanut butter and toast and then to brave the cold rain to run more errands and see if I can't get a couple more things ticked off of my To-Do list. I'll catch you later!

I've added a couple of my favorite wedding pics...just to add some color to this page. :-)
P.S. The power just went out again. Ugh.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment