Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Wonderland & Baby Giggles

We recently made our first trip to Abilene, my hometown, and it was wonderful! It was a week of firsts for Robert Alan. First true road trip, first time to Honey & Jefe's house, first GIGGLE! Details below...
We left Wednesday morning and the 3 hour trip took 4 hours (a 30-minute stop for feeding and I'm not sure where the other 30 minutes went), and only about 30 minutes of it was spent listening to a crying baby in the backseat. Otherwise, he was asleep or being quiet. (Sidenote, I really should get a TV for my car so that I can play Baby Einstein videos for him). Anyways, my mom's friends hosted a Sip & See for him. It was great. He was so good! People passed him around and he fell asleep on two people and then slept 10 hours straight afterwards!


I was able to hear Robert Alan laugh for the first time that Wednesday as well. My Aunt Marsha was at the house when we arrived, and she talked to him and tickled him and he LOVED it! (I've posted the video below. I apologize for the length and conversation afterwards...I haven't figured out how to edit the videos yet). Anyways, his giggle is so sweet, but, of course, mom hasn't been able to duplicate Aunt Marsha's antics. He has YET to do it again for me! He smiles very big and does some sort of squeely moan-type thing, but it's not a giggle and I'm dying to hear it again! We may be making a trip to Gatesville to see Aunt Marsha soon. Either way, I was so thankful that I was there for that. You see, I am going back to work in two days, and I'm having to come to terms with the fact that I will probably miss many of his firsts. I'm so thankful that I was allowed to hear his first giggle. Thank you, Lord for giving me that moment.



He also discovered his hands while in Abilene (I'll spare you the video on that one...it's not quite as entertaining)....maybe we need to go to A-town more often--he seems to achieve many milestones there. Come to think of it.....it is, afterall, The Wonderland (as my husband and his friend have affectionately named it). It's hillarious to watch him sit and stare at his hands. He turns his two fingers towards him as if they're the neatest things he's ever seen and then he tries to cram his entire fist into his mouth. When he wakes up from his nap, he tries to put both fists in his mouth as if to tell me how incredibly hungry he is.


As far as what has happened more recently, I think that in the last day or so, he has found his feet. It seems as though he's trying to grab them and put them in his mouth whenever he's sitting in my lap but his dad-gum huge belly keeps getting in the way! Haha! Eat up, chunky monkey! Say what you want, but I secretly hoped he'd have lots of baby rolls, and he does! I worked hard for the milk that made those rolls! He'll figure out a way around his tubby belly soon enough (evidence of said large tummy below). By the way, he does not need to eat his feet. He already attempts to eat both fists at the same time, and, as you can see below, gets plenty of real nourishment. Although, those toes may be a bit tasty...



Let's see....what else.....I really shouldn't go so long without posting. I forget everything that I want to write. Ugh. Well, I guess I'll sign off until I think of something else to write home about.

Talk to you later!

A pose created by Dad. He thought this was hillarious. Poor kid.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment