Saturday, January 23, 2010

Roll Over!

Okay, I guess I have to let you in on a little secret to post this. Since Robert Alan was about 4 weeks old, he would NOT sleep on his back without being swaddled, so, sometimes (please don't think I'm a horrible mom for this!) I would lay him on his stomach to nap---begin the scolding. I justified it by checking on him a lot during his nap to make sure he was still breathing....I know, I know, I KNOW! It's wrong and dangerous and very bad of me (I've slapped myself on the hand, okay?!). Well, we don't have to worry about it anymore because Robert Alan is now rolling over in his sleep and ending up on his back. In fact, whenever he does so, he wakes himself up, so now I just lay him on his back to begin with and, while he doesn't fall asleep as quickly, he at least doesn't wake himself up rolling over AND he finally has enough control of his arms not to hit himself in the head and wake himself up. We're making progress!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment