Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year!

Well, we rang in the new year at Barkin' Ball. I'm not sure who would echo this feeling, but I didn't think it was all that great this year. I thought the food was VERY sub-par, like not even as good as wedding food, and the band wasn't as good as the ones they've had in the past. I have also come to find out that I am a) addicted to silent auctions and b) have really bad luck with drama at silent auctions. First, I ALWAYS bid on things at silent auctions. I love it. And I win. I always win whatever I really want because I stalk my bids. Well, two years ago (the last time we went to Barkin' Ball), there were a couple photo packages being auctioned off. There were several people standing around them, so I asked which ones they were bidding on so that I could bid on one they didn't care about. So, I wrote my name on one that no one wanted. Or so I thought. When the auction was over, an older lady realized that she hadn't won (I had) and she acted like I had just stolen it right out from under her. I told her that I asked if anyone was bidding on it, and she told me that she had just had a grandson born and that she wanted to have his pictures taken. Well, I guess the fact that I was planning on using the pics for our engagement pictures didn't matter. Anyways, I felt bad, so I ended up marking my name out and letting her have it. I vowed to never let that happen again.

Sooooo....maybe I took it a little too far this year. I actually held the piece of paper until 1 minute until the auction was over. Then this girl came over and wrote her name on it. So, right as they were saying it was over, I picked it back up and wrote my name. And I won. Of course, but there was never really any doubt that I would win, was there? Anyways, she told her husband that I had stolen it (not sure those were her words, but you get the idea), and I fessed up to it. Then I felt bad because they were going to use them for their son, and I've already had some awesome pictures taken of Robert Alan, so I told her she could have it. Then I remembered that my sister had bid on a photo package as well, so I offered to let the girl take her package. Ha! Sorry sis! Anyways, she ended up taking that package, and now all I have to do is get out of trouble with Dave for bidding (and winning, let's not forget) on yet another photography package.

Oh yes! Let's not forget that New Year's Eve was our first night away from Robert Alan. He had a slumber party at Gigi and PopPop's house, and, while it was hard for me to come home and not see my baby boy, I reeeeeeeeally enjoyed myself. I hope I didn't do or say anything too terribly inappropriate. I mean, I reeeeeeeeeally enjoyed myself. :-) (There will be no incriminating pics posted, sorry! Only some of the previously mentioned awesome professional pics of Robert Alan when he was 3 weeks old. So long ago!)


The two loves of my life.


Sweet little muffin (his quilt and our marriage quilt underneath).

Fast asleep in the sheepskin. If only I had some of this at our house.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I love your blog - didn't realize until now that you had one!

    And I echo your sentiments on Barkin' Ball. The food was not as impressive, and the band didn't seem as awesome as the one they had two years ago. Ah well, maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete