Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Oklahoma



I just can't imagine what those people are going through right now.  I can't watch the news because I keep crying.  I saw a little girl talking about how she held onto the walls so that she wouldn't blow away, and all I could think about was what if Robert Alan was at a school and something like that happened?  Would he be able to hold onto the walls???

It's always hard for me to take him to school after something like this happens--Sandy Hook elementary, Boston bombing, West explosion, and now Moore, OK tornado.  Is it just me, or have there been WAY too many catastrophes lately?  I hate it.

All I can do is pray.  And donate money.  But that seems like so little to do when people are looking for their sweet babies, likely knowing they didn't survive if they haven't found them already.  Am I crazy for wanting to go pick up Robert Alan right now?  I didn't want to drop him off.  When I look at his big, sweet eyes, I can't imagine them not smiling at me tomorrow.  Or tonight, for that matter.

Last night, when we were watching the news, David said to me, "I don't even know what to say.  Tomorrow isn't guaranteed."  He is so right.

I just listened to a training for becoming a better networker, and she said the same thing.  "Live today like tomorrow isn't coming."  If that was the case, what would I do?  Well, I would definitely tell people I love them more, or that I appreciate them or admire them.  I would jump off this couch where I'm typing to you and GO OUT and get something done.  I would talk to everyone I love.  I would talk to everyone I saw.

I need to start living that way.  I need to have a change of heart and realize what is most important are those PEOPLE that I love and that love me.  Not a job.  Not things.  People.  And, ironically, people are what money can't replace.  I saw a picture of a plaque that was found in the Oklahoma rubble that said,  "The most important things in life aren't things."  Exactly.  Unfortunately, I think far too many people are missing their loved ones right now, not things.

So, I'm signing off for the day.  I'm going to go make the most of my time today.  I hope you do the same.  And don't forget to text the word "STORM" to 80888 to give $10 to the Salvation Army to help or text "REDCROSS" to 90999 to give $10 to the Red Cross.

If someone hasn't told you today, you are loved.  And thank you for reading my rambling words.

Talk to you later!

Traci

And here is my prayer:  Father God, please be with each and every person who was affected by or knows someone affected by the tornado in Oklahoma yesterday.  Please be with each little child, touch their heart and please ease their fears.  I know you love children, God.  Please heal them.  Please help them understand.  Please be with each parent who lost a child yesterday.  Please touch them, Lord.  Please lay your hands on them and heal their hearts.  God please be with those who lost their homes, their pets, their everything.  Please be with the first responders.  Please give them strength as they search for survivors and victims, and please give them wisdom, God.  Lord please give them the words to say to those who come to them broken.  Please be with the pastors and clergymen who will be working with everyone.  Please give them strength to stay strong for their people but to also give them time to be broken themselves.  Give them all time and strength to weep for everything that has been lost.  Father God I ask you to put your healing hand all over Moore, Oklahoma.  Your will be done.  Amen!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment