Friday, February 12, 2010

I'm an Ice Guy

Get it? David didn't (love you, dear!). I'll explain later. First, a little background...Robert Alan recently had his first stay in a hotel. I needed to work at Texas State University for two days in a row to make sure I saw everyone I needed to, so I decided that instead of driving back and forth two days in a row, I'd get a hotel. Seeing that I'm nursing, I didn't think it'd be a good idea (or very comfortable on my part) for me to be away from him for two nights. So, I talked my mom into going with us to San Marcos and we headed soutbound on 35 on Tuesday night.

My goal was to be on the road at 4:00. We left at 5:30. Ahh, c'est la vie. Getting such a late start completely threw Robert Alan's eating and sleeping schedule off. That wouldn't have mattered, though, because when we got to the hotel, he was like a 5-year old kid excited about the hotel room. His eyes were wide as saucers (they usually are pretty big, but not this big), and he had to look around the entire place for about an hour before he felt like settling down and eating. He finally went to sleep at 10:00. At least he slept the whole night. The next night was another matter. He woke up at 1:00 a.m. to feed and wouldn't go back to sleep. My mom got up with him so that I could go back to sleep, but he basically threw fits off and on until 3:00 a.m. So much for getting some sleep. He was back up at 6:00 a.m. ready to go again. I tell you, this guy can give me a run for my money.

The last day we were there, when Mom checked us out of the hotel while I was at work, she went to the outlets to get him some clothes (he's grown out of most of his pants--too small in the waist--and his socks--too little in the foot and too tight on the calf--and some of his onesies--too short). She found a onesie at Baby Gap with one of the cutest sayings I've seen thus far.

Can't you tell? There's nothing mean about him!


Except when he bites your finger. Mmmmm....tastes so good.



Almost able to reach the toes. If only they weren't covered with socks!

Anyways, being away from David for two nights really made me realize how much he does and how much I appreciate him. I felt guilty the whole time we were gone whenever my mom would tend to Robert Alan crying because she had been taking care of him all day. It just is so easy to split duties with David. I'm so thankful he helps. It also made me respect single moms all the more. I think I've said it before (if I haven't, I'm about to, and if I have, sorry for the redundancy but I have an excuse, it's called having a baby), but I truly admire stay-at-home moms. Well, I'm adding to that list single moms. I cannot imagine shouldering all of the parenting duties. So, here's to all the single moms out there! Keep up the hard work!

As for Robert Alan and me, we hope we never have to leave Daddy behind again!

"It's so good to see you, Daddy! I love you sooo much!"

Okay, that's it for now. Later gator!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment