Saturday, July 10, 2010

Fourth of July

We had the best fourth of July weekend! David and I, my sister and her fiance, and another couple friend of ours, the Peels, all went to Austin and stayed at Barton Creek Resort & Spa for two nights. No kids. It was heavenly. We stayed in a villa that had three bedrooms and a huge living room and kitchen, granite, double oven, everything. We cooked dinners both nights, and Jenny made the best french toast I've ever had. Everything was so great and it was nice to get away for a couple nights and not have any responsibilities over another human being. Don't get me wrong, I missed my little man, but I also REALLY enjoyed my time away. You might say my chatty side came out a time or two after a couple really good banana daq's.

At Cattle Baron's Ball the night Brittney got engaged!

Meanwhile, back in Wack-town, my mom was keeping Robert Alan. They had a good time together, and she took some pics for me. It wasn't all good, though. Monday morning as we were leaving, my mom called and asked if we were on our way. She told me RA had been running a fever since about 10:00 Sunday night. Turns out he had an upper-respiratory infection, we think, and he ran somewhere between 99 & 102 for the next three days. It was miserable for both of us. If I hadn't had the getaway before, I'm not sure I could have come out on the other end of the illness as together as I did. It was his first time to be sick, so it was especially hard because I couldn't really help him. It was sad, but we're all better now, thank the Lord, and we'll be heading to the pool as much as possible in the next coming weeks since I'm about to have to go back to work soon. (Yuck. ...Not really. I'm ready, but work's work, right?)

"Happy Independence Day, Everyone!"

Okay, that's it. Talk to you later.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I have officially lost my mind. I saw the title of this post on the sidebar of my blog, and actually asked myself, "oh, cool, what did they do for the 4th?"

    Really?!?! Let's hope my brain cells return to a somewhat acceptable level in a couple of weeks. :)

    Had a great time with y'all in Austin! Remember how great those steaks tasted, too? Hehehe....

    ReplyDelete